The 1838 Access Controller can be connected for voice (were applicable) and programming by any of these methods:
- Cellular 4G-LTE service (note 1)
- VoIP (note 2)
- POTS - Plain Old Telephone Service (note 3)
Note 1: Requires DKS Cellular subscription and 1800-080 cellular adapter. 4G-LTE service provided by AT&T where available.
Note 2: Requires 1830-185 (manual setup) or 1830-186 (automatic setup) TCP/IP Adapter. 1830-186 requires IM SERVER Client subscription.
Note 3: Programming via several methods. Internet programming requires IM Server Modem subscription. DoorKing does not recommend using a POTS line to program the access system controller. DoorKing can no longer guarantee programming via POTS / modem as many phone company services and switches no longer support modem communications as these devices are considered to be obsolete.
- Live Streaming.
- Live Transactions
- Built-in programming keypad.
- Interfaces with 2 card readers - expandable to 48 with wired tracker expansion boards (24 wirelessly).
- Anti-pass back.
- 8000 event transaction buffer.
- 31 Security (permission) levels.
- Database import/export capability.
- Built-in clock/calendar.
- Holiday schedule.
- Hold open time zones.
- Entry code time zones.
- Postal lock input.